I have a ton of these little homes that Stampin'Up! has still for sale for a bargain in their Clearance Rack here and Alina and I decided to make our Valentine's Day Home with lots of Hearts.
I created a base for it using one of the grey chipboard inserts that may come with cardstock or designer papers.. anyway, I cut it to 8.5 x 9... and added some faux paving stones with SU's marvelous sponge daubers (little circle shaped sponges) that I added Grey, Soft Suede and Early Espresso Ink to give it some depth... then cut out some Certainly Celery for the Grass.. highlighted it around the edges and center to create some more depth and added the tiniest of heart flowers on the lawn... Can you see them? The are the cutouts from the storm panels around the windows.... oh, and I also glued some to the twine around the door... my version of a trellis vine with little tiny bleeding hearts.... The base holds my battery compartment for the lights. Had to affix it to something.
So many details on this home... the little lights I added around the outer frame of the house... the lamps lit in the windows as well as the the Door light... the curtains made from the silky Crumb cake tulle that I got from the holiday mini. Then all the heart punches and dies I used to decorate the outside of the house itself. Well.. you know... it all coordinates with the "More Amore" designer paper that is currently available for sale in the Spring Catalog. I adhered it real easy with the Adhesive Sheets that SU sells as well. My newest best friend... Adhesive sheets!! YAY!!
I traced the shape of the home on the adhesive sheet and the papers and cut them out...stuck the adhesive to the house and then the paper to the adhesive and viola! Nice and clean. I added the Picket fence using SU's Designer Rosette die ".. which makes a huge fan flower and I just cut it to size for the fence and adhered with dimensionals (foam dots).
The Roof was made from Blushing Bride Quilted ribbon that I adhered with the Adhesive sheets as well.. made the job a lot easier and then laid them across and under... tucked in nicely once I stuck the roof down.
Next up will be my Spring Home for Easter...